Sex crimes are serious and often carry a lifetime of consequences. Sex crimes in California range from misdemeanors to serious and violent crimes.
Sex crimes in California include:
- Indecent exposure. Penal Code section 314.
- Statutory Rape. Penal Code section 261.5.
- Failing to Register as a Sex Offender. Penal Code section 290(b).
- Engaging in Prostitution. Penal Code section 647(b).
- Solicitation of Prostitution. Penal Code section 647(b).
- Possession of Child Pornography. Penal Code section 311.11.
- Rape. Penal Code section 261.
- Sexual Battery. Penal Code section 243.4.
It is important to get a lawyer who has experience in these serious criminal charges. It is especially important to start developing a defense immediately when the charge involves a sex crime. As serious as the crimes are, many sex crimes charges are filed without significant evidence. That is why it is so important to retain an attorney who understands how to build a defense to sex crimes charges.
If you or someone you know is facing charges related to a sex crime, get an attorney who will start building a defense immediately. The Virga Law Firm has experience representing clients in all types of sex crimes cases and will develop the most effective defense in your case.